#PageList1 {text-align: center}

28 February 2015

Baby Mobile tutorial

 
I have been quite stressed lately…and  nothing works better for me to relax than to begin a DIY project! I was thinking about doing another baby mobile for a while ...! 


 I never mentioned this before but I am about to become an aunt, and I wanted to offer my little nephew (yes, it’s a baby boy!) something more personal, and as I love to offer handcrafted gifts (especially if I am the one crafting), I thought about making a felt mobile.

I knew that the parents decided to use grey and yellow as main nursery colors so I used similar colors on this mobile. I had a little Pinspiration when deciding what the general look of the mobile would be…


For this project I used felt sheets, fishing line and cotton threads. I hand drew the patterns for the moon, cloud and stars…


 After the patterns were created, I cut the felt sheets.



Then, I hand stitched the felt stars, moon and cloud with blanket stitch.  I hand stitched the moon to the cloud using a simple running stitch. After all was stitched, I attached the stars first to each other in columns and then to the moon and cloud, using fishing line.

And here it is the mobile!



The stars look amazing when hanging from the ceiling; they look like little felt constellations of light yellow and grey…



I hope my nephew enjoys his little moon and stars mobile!

What about you? Did you finish any DIY project lately?

I linked up with these amazing bloggers:
Mami 2 Five
Mummascribbles
Post Comment Love

Threading My Way



13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgegous Ann!! You should think about selling them on Etsy! I couldn't find the kind of mobile for the twins room either and ended up making my own. Not as amazing as yours though — well done! #TwinklyTuesday

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you so much! :) I would love to open a little shop on Etsy, I did consider it, but I don´t feel quite ready to go pro! But I am so pleased to learn that maybe I am not that far away...xx

      Delete
  2. Such a great idea, Ann - looks fabulous!!! Your blanket stitching is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Pam! It´s great to receive such compliments from an amazing crafter and seamstress! :)
      x

      Delete
  3. This is lovely! I love crafting with felt, perfect for kids things! Lovely blog, I'll keep my eye on it!
    Karen
    http://craftymama.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I am so happy that you liked my blog, I have also stopped by yours which is lovely! I will surely visit it often! Your fabric book was a brilliant idea btw!
      x

      Delete
  4. This is so gorgeous and what a wonderful gift to be able to give your nephew. Thank you for linking up with #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa, I hope my nephew likes it too! :)
      It was a pleasure linking up with #twinklytuesday, thank you for hosting!
      x

      Delete
  5. great post ! def going to share with my sister for my little nieces room !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I hope your little niece enjoys it too ;)
      x

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...