#PageList1 {text-align: center}

18 March 2019

Thinking about Easter

Hey you lovely reader!

I have been away for a while haven't why? So many apologies for that... Life and running around after two extremely energetic kidos just gets in the way of your favorite hobbies. I cannot believe that my oldest is already in primary school. I still feel that just yesterday he was a little toddler and moving to a big cot! I have really been missing writing and updating my blog. And yes, also my crafting and DiYing has been sidetracked. I will during time fill you in in recent changes and updates...

But for now, is all relating to crafts and easter crafts... Decorating the house with very cute and funny, but most importantly, reusable and ecological friendly easter evoking bunnies, chicks and eggs! And if the kidos can help me with is, better, as we all be crafting and enjoying ourselves... and keeping them busy! My oldest notices when I decorate and change little things around the house, and he usually does ask me to join in and help me. I have been making banners to mark important days, as birthdays, or recently, the 'World book day'. I make these with paper and craft thread! when it is finished and hanged, when they see it they all cheer and try to read it. Besides a colourful decoration with its bright paper and letterings, it is very didactic. The banners helps the kidos  get more familiar and confident with letter recognition and overall helps them to be confident readers!

Since Easter is approaching I am getting all materials to decorate for Easter, and started to cut out bunnies and circles for my Easter banner. The lidos very often want to join me with these activities. I am certain that if you have more time you can make these preparations faster and closer to the event, but since I am managing more things besides decorating, I am taking things slower and requiring more time... Just taking things very slow!

I am also preparing for a Easter egg hunt. I have bought last year egg containers to put treats inside, either chocolates and sweets inside,  and a puzzle. I will spread these randomly. I will not be only adding sweet treats... As puzzles can be so much fun to assemble together! They loved it last year so I will once again follow the same idea. For my Easter egg hunt I have already prepared some signalling bunnies, but this years I also added some eggs to identify the places where the eggs really are:


 In true honesty, I don't really know who does have more fun with this... Me getting all this prepared or them, really looking for the eggs! Hoping that both! I will add a template with all my designs if you wish to make these.

My favorite Easter project is an embroidery Easter hoop that I anted to hang as well. I inspired my design from a series of images that I googled...I am also attempting to do some new stitches, hoping that this will be finished in time...



Just a few little craft projects Easter themed that I am working on... Are you preparing for Easter as well? Let me know...!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...